Menulis dan berkongsi mengenai ilmu pengkajian minda dan tingkahlaku manusia merupakan minatnya pada waktu lapang. Pada waktu serius pula, beliau berkhidmat sebagai Special Needs Educator merangkap Assistant Psychologist di sebuah pusat Psikologi terkemuka, WeCare Allied Health Center. Jemputlah datang untuk dapatkan servis Psikologis. Sebut nama beliau, insya Allah dapat diskaun 😛
This introvert/extravert is kind of a popular term right? It was first found out by one of the great psychologist from Germany, Hans Eysenck, one of the most influential figure in Psychology world, especially in understanding human intelligence and personality.
I believe that we already familiar with the meaning of introvert/extravert. Well then, allow me to share something with you more about it, insya Allah.
1. People usually mistakenly called it introvert and extrovert. How it should be is, extrAvert. With an A. So yeah, it’s introvert vs extravert.
2. Extraversion is something related to the Ascending Reticular Activating System (ARAS). For easy understanding, let’s just called it as an “Arousal Detector.” A system that responsible to give us arousal in our mind.
3. Simply to understand, ARAS is like a glass, our arousal with “social interaction” is like water. Introvert people have small glass, so with just a little “water”, it will get full quickly. Unlike extravert people, their larger glass need more water for it to be full.
In other words, because introvert’s glass is small, just a little amount of water is needed for them to feel socially satisfied. If it’s too much, they’ll feel exhausted and need to take a step back.
For extravert’s people, their bigger glass need more water to finally feel socially ‘full’. Hence, the need for them to interact more with people to feel energised, unlike the introverts (charged by themselves)
4. People typically think that there are only introvert people and extravert people. Without many people realising it, there’s also someone who share both of these personality. They are called AMBIVERT.
(look at the pink line in the graph)
5. Ambivert is someone who are not too extreme on either side, and they quite an extravert among people, and can also be introvert when they’re alone.
Extraversion is like any other normal curve graph. Majority of people stands at the ambivert point, and less at the extreme side of introvert/extravert, unlike many people usually think that it’s a black and white personality.
We often assume that we only have introverts or extraverts, because we didn’t know the middle categories.
So, which side are you on?
- Psikologi Bukan Telepati!
- What Psychology Is All About? Not Telepathy!